As the situation around the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to evolve, I am reaching out to let you know how Mascon is responding to support our customers and putting their needs first.
Now – and always – the health and safety of our team members, our customers, and the communities where we live, work and serve across Canada, is our top priority. Here are some of the actions we are taking:
● We are closely following the guidance and advice from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Centre for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and other global and provincial health agencies.
● We want you to feel at ease during appointments in your home and at your business. We have introduced more rigorous cleaning and sanitizing measures for equipment, and team members have been provided with safety products including gloves and masks.
● As a way to help you stay safe and limit exposure, you may be interested in TELUS’ virtual healthcare capabilities. The Babylon by TELUS Health free app allows people in British Columbia and Alberta to receive a virtual 1:1 consultation with a doctor over the phone, without leaving the house.
Keeping Canadians connected
At Mascon, we believe we have an important responsibility to leverage the full capabilities of our world-leading technology and resources. During times like these, our work to keep Canadians connected becomes even more crucial. We prepare and train for these types of situations, and we want you to know we have strong contingency plans and procedures in place.
Starting now until the end of April, we are waiving home internet overages for customers who are not on unlimited data plans.
Also, we’ll support our customers facing financial challenges because of COVID-19 by providing them with flexible payment options. We don’t want anyone to worry about not being able to pay their bill on time if they have been financially affected by the crisis.
How customers can count on Mascon
Thank you for your continued support as we work through these challenges together. We will share up to date information as it becomes available on mascon.ca
Across Canada, healthcare, community and government organizations are working hard day and night, and we thank you for your extraordinary efforts to support Canadians during such a challenging time.
As the situation unfolds, our customers’ safety and security will be paramount, and everything we do will be guided by our values and our long-standing commitment to be kind, compassionate and inclusive of everyone in our communities.
On behalf of the entire Mascon team, we’re here for you.
Chief Customer Officer
Mascon is a proud member of the TELUS family
Visit telus.com/covid19 for up-to-date details on how TELUS is keeping our customers and team safe.
October 10, 2019
Dear Valued Customer,
Locally owned and operated, Brooks Bay Cable has proudly delivered communications services to Port Alice for 24 years. Throughout the years we have added over 100 TV Channels, (digital and high definition), as well as introducing high speed cable internet to Port Alice.
We are pleased to announce that on September 30, 2019, we reached an agreement with TELUS to acquire Brooks Bay Cable Corp as part of their Mascon brand (TELUS’ cable operations). TELUS is well positioned to invest in technology and infrastructure that will enable future services and enhanced reliability for customers like you. We feel the time is right to transition our business for the benefit of our valued customers.
What this means for you:
• At this time, all services, prices, bills, support hours and contact information will remain the same. You do not need to take any action to keep receiving the same great Brooks Bay Cable Corp services.
• Brooks Bay Cable Corp will work with TELUS through the transition as well as continue the efforts to complete our current HD upgrade.
We thank you for your loyalty and for trusting in us for your TV and internet solutions. We have appreciated the opportunity to serve you and we are excited for Mascon to provide the next generation of communications and entertainment for our valued customers.
If you have any questions, please contact us by:
In person at our office
Brooks Bay Cable Corp.
For more information and some Frequently Asked Questions, please click HERE